Persian rugs are a significant part of middle eastern culture and have gained worldwide recognition for their intricate designs and vibrant colors. However, despite their popularity, several myths surround them.
One common myth is that Persian rugs are only made in Iran. While Iran is known for producing high-quality Persian rugs, they are also made in other countries such as turkey, India, and Pakistan.
Another misconception is that Persian rugs are only suitable for traditional or formal settings. However, these rugs come in a variety of designs, from traditional to modern, and can be used to enhance any room’s decor.
A third myth is that all Persian rugs are expensive. While some handmade Persian rugs can be costly, there are also machine-made options that are more affordable. The price of a rug depends on factors such as the quality of the material, the complexity of the design, and the size of the rug.
Lastly, there is a belief that all Persian rugs are red. While red is a common color used in Persian rugs, they also come in a variety of other colors such as blue, green, yellow, and beige.
how will make you be influential in Persian rugs?
- Know the regions: Iran is known for producing some of the finest rugs in the world. However, each region in Iran has its unique style of rug-making. Knowing the various regions and their styles will help you identify and appreciate the differences in each rug.
- Identify quality: identifying the quality of a Persian rug is crucial to becoming influential in the field. A good quality rug will have a high knot count, intricate design, and vibrant colors.
- Learn about the different materials: Persian rugs are made using a variety of materials, including wool, silk, and cotton. Knowing the differences in these materials and their impact on the quality of a rug is essential.
- Attend exhibitions and auctions: attending exhibitions and auctions is an excellent way to learn about Persian rugs and meet other enthusiasts in the field. It will also allow you to see rare and valuable rugs up close.
What can you do to save your Persian rugs?
Persian rugs are not only beautiful but also valuable, so it’s important to take care of them properly to ensure they last for years to come. Here are some tips to help you save your Persian rugs:
- Vacuum regularly: dirt and dust can accumulate in the fibers of your rug, so it’s important to vacuum it regularly to keep it clean. Use a low suction setting and avoid using a beater brush, which can damage the fibers.
- Keep it out of direct sunlight: direct sunlight can fade the colors of your rug, so it’s best to keep it away from windows or use curtains or blinds to block out the sun.
- Clean up spills immediately: if a spill occurs, clean it up immediately to prevent staining. Use a clean cloth to blot up the spill and avoid rubbing, which can push the stain further into the fibers.
- Get professional cleaning: it’s a good idea to have your Persian rug professionally cleaned every few years to remove deep-seated dirt and stains. Choose a professional who specializes in cleaning Persian rugs and avoid using harsh chemicals or steam cleaning.